You ask, I deliver. Here is the full run-down of the products I’m loving from the Sephora sale. I’ve included products I personally love and a few that I’ve snagged to try at the behest of the beauty community… Here we go!
- Tan Luxe Super Glow: This is my go-to serum for summer skin. Beauty gurus hail
one of its main ingredients, Hyaluronic Acid, as a hydrating must-have and the serum will give your face some color so you can skip those harmful rays.
- Bye Bye Lines Serum: My mom gifted me this for Christmas. (Should I be offended? Ha!) Once I tried it, I knew why. It made my skin feel soft and supple. Even if you’re a low maintenance gal, a good serum is non-negotiable.
- Confidence in a Cleanser: If you’re still “washing” your face with a make-up wipe, WE NEED TO TALK. You need to be removing your make-up AND cleansing. No parabens or sulfates and works for all skin types. I really like this line’s moisturizer too – hydrating, but not heavy. And for good skincare, the price point isn’t steep. (Try the mini sizefirst to see if you’re in love before you commit.)
- St Tropez Express Tan: I’m pretty fair-skinned, and I have been turned orange a time or two… so I’m a big cynic about sunless tanner. This one is, hands down, my fave. I use their gradual tanner for daily upkeep. Sephora sells the mini so you can give it a shot if you’re (understandably) wary. Pro tip: Make sure you use a mitt, or your hands will be sorry. Here’s the one I use.
- Extra Strength Daily Peel:Peels are amazing and they are expeeeeensive at a spa. But they are a must if you want amazing skin – the top layer of your skin is dull and dry, the good stuff is under. If you have sensitive skin, I’d test a small surface to make sure it won’t irritate.
If you’re a skincare rookie and you don’t know where to begin, keep it simple: A cleanser, followed by a serum and moisturizer is a great start. The It Cosmetics skincare line is an affordable but quality place to begin. Start here or DM me with your skin concerns and I’ll happily provide custom suggestions.
- Your Skin But Better Setting Spray: Yet another product with Hyaluronic Acid! Sensing a theme? The theme is quenched, dewy skin. Aloe and coconut water also pack a serious punch, but the best part is it does what it says and your glam will stay put. (Thank gawd, in this Texas heat hunny…)
- Becca Under Eye Corrector: Got dark circles? Join the club. As a mom of a newborn, I use this when I don’t need a full coverage make-up moment. It brightens me up so I don’t look like a corpse for Zoom meetings. When I need coverage and contour, I use Shape Tape, which has a cult following for good reason. If you’re looking for a budget option, this one is a drug-store dupe with rave reviews and lots of blogger mentions. (It’s under $8!)
- SUPERHERO Mascara: I snagged this at the recommendation of a blogger fave, Melissa of @Ellabrooksblog, because her lashes are (gasp) REAL and amazing. I wasn’t disappointed, it gives me lengthy lashes and isn’t clumpy. It comes in mini, too, for those who want to try.
- Laura Mercier Setting Powder: A beauty blogger fave, and mine too. It’s infused with pearl to give you a healthy glow finish. (I don’t find it too shiny, either.) I like to dust my face to give my glam extra staying power.
- Pillow Talk Lipstick: You can spend forever trying to find the perfect shade of pinky nude – Lord knows I have tried every shade of nude at the cosmetics counter, or you can buy the cult classic by Charlotte Tillbury.
- Roses de Chloe: This perfume feels like Paris in Spring: chic, understated, poetic… Can a scent be poetic? Let’s go with it… Chloe makes really sophisticated scents – I’ve always loved their classic perfume – but I snagged this amazing scent on a whim (Damn you, slow check-out lines) in the mini rollerball version (linked here if you want trial size) and when I run out I will 100% be buying full size.
- Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede: This elegant floral is a happy, flowery scent. It’s an ideal gift for Mother’s Day because of its beautiful bottle.
- Chanel: A reviewer writes: “This perfume smells like you’re rich,” which is both funny and true. Every girl should own one Chanel fragrance, and for summer this floral – meets – vetiver is sexy and charming.
- Red Roses Diffuser: Okay, so it’s a bit of a splurge. But it will last you a full year and give you the delicious fragrance of florals throughout your living space. IMO, worth it, but I’m a fragrance fanatic.
I’d love to know what you’re eyeing! Shoot me a DM or leave a comment: @blushandbloom_mama